General Food Safety Tips in Monsoon
Monsoon is the time of year which brings joy to our life with little drops of water. However, enjoying the comforting climate of monsoon rain also need some precautions for health care. Many health risks arise in monsoon for which we need to be really careful. May it be kids or old age people at home, it is mandatory to follow some healthy food guidelines.
- You should include garlic, pepper, ginger, asafoetida, jeera powder, turmeric and coriander in your daily food as it helps to improve digestion and enhance immunity.
- You should prefer to have medium to low salt food and try and avoid heavy salty food as it leads to high blood pressure, bloating and water retention.
- Non-vegetarian folks should opt for lighter meat preparations like stew and soups. You have to be particularly careful about the fish and prawns and avoid too much of fish and meat this season with heavy curries.
- Try and include warm dal or soup in your diet. Add spices like turmeric, clove, black pepper and sauf in it to improve your digestion and immunity. At the same time consuming hot soups during monsoon can reduce inflammation and help fight infection.
- You should avoid consuming food and vegetables in raw form. For example, raw sprouts; they can cause indigestion and lead to gastric troubles.
- Sauf water can be consumed after every meal in order to help you digest food and reduce the chances of gastric problems.
- It is important to have adequate fruits during the rainy season as this will restore your energy
- To stay away from skin infections and allergies, you should include a dish of bitter vegetables like Neem, bitter gourd to your meals.
Lifeaid Medical Centre is one of the best hospitals in Gurgaon and offers nutritional counselling for its inpatients and outpatients. Department has highly trained with experience in management of diverse patient groups. Nutritionists work in close coordination with the doctors, clinical and nursing teams to ensure that patients receive appropriate nutritional support at all times.